How to Make Internet Connection Faster in Windows XP
Windows XP reserves 20% of your bandwidth by default to update your system. If you are a download zealot, you’d better make full use of your bandwidth for fastest internet connection. Here is a simple way to turn off the bandwidth reserve by Group Policy.
Disable Reversable Bandwidth Limit
- Open Run in the menu Start and type “gpedit.msc“.
- Click Administrative Templates folder under Computer Configuration in the left side of windows panel.
- Click folder Network on the right side.
- Double click Qos Packet Scheduler folder.
- Double click Limit Reservable Bandwitch and click Enabled option button and set the Bandwidth Limit (%) to 0 in the text box and click OK to finish.
Bookmark and Promote!del.icio.us | Digg | Facebook | Technorati | StumbleUpon
XP Ann Arbor September 18, 2009 at 12:04 pm
Leave a Reply